Danish chef Claus Holm was again expertly demonstrating an amazing recipe with our Irish Lamb, Lamb Rack with Chorizo, Bacon & Stout. His unique and exciting style brings a new twist to lamb dishes that we are sure you will find both distinctive and savoury. If you would like try this dish his fabulous recipe is below.
1 Lamb Rack
1 Dry Salted Bacon
1 Dry but Strong Chorizo
Salt and pepper
1 Can of Stout
2-3 Tablespoons Good Mustard
1 Green Asparagus
1 Red Onion
1 Clove Garlic
Here’s how you do it:
- Dry lamb rack – fry on a cold pan – let it heat for 7 minutes – season with salt and rub in mustard to the rack. Add bacon and chorizo in small cubes – fry for a few minutes before turning.
- Cut onions into boats – split carrots into small boats together with fennel and add to pan.
- Roasted on the pan- 3-4 minutes together with the lamb – add beer and as Claus would say “let the pan dance and talk to you”
- Let simmer 13-16 minutes, season with salt, pepper, mustard, beer and lemon.
- Serve the rack whole in a small dish – you can cut it out at the table – serve beautifully with raw asparagus.
Serve and enjoy!