Lamb Leg Steaks with Mexican Salsa
- 4 lamb leg steaks
- 250g ripe vine tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 red chili
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
Make the salsa:
- Halve the tomatoes, then squeeze out and discard the seeds.
- Finely chop the tomato flesh and onion. Halve, seed and finely chop the chilli.
- Mix the tomato, onion and chilli in a bowl with the coriander and some salt and pepper.
- At this point the salsa can be covered and chilled for up to 2 days, but bring it back to room temperature before serving.
Cook the lamb:
- Add to a well-oiled frying pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry over a medium heat for 7-11 minutes turning at regular intervals.
- Drain well before serving.
Serving suggestion: salad leaves and crispy potato wedges